Featured Post

John Timothy Kelly Stearne

Here are some memories from his family and friends, for his family and friends.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Magnets

Circa 2004 Kelly and I (with the help of family and friends) cleaned out the family home so we could sell it.  We held a garage sale that was almost too successful.  Kelly and I were waiting on a few phone calls playing cribbage in the empty house.  We’d sold all of the furniture, TVs and radios … I think we only had one chair to sit on.
The phone rings, the crib board gets tipped over and the little metal cribbage pegs fell down the heating vent in the floor.  I could get my hand in and touch them, but couldn’t pick them up. I said, “If only I had a magnet …”
Kelly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a really strong neodymium magnet.  I have no idea why he had a magnet in his pocket, but he did.  The cribbage pegs were retrieved and the game restarted.

No comments:

Post a Comment